Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

Carter Childcare Center, 1972
Carter Childcare Center, 1972

Currently located at 117 McIver Street, the Carter Child Care Center was opened in 1972 and named for Brent Blackmer Woodson Carter (Class of 1946). Originally located on Highland Avenue, it has changed location several times. The Center functions as a lab school for the Department of Human Development and Family Studies within the School of Human Environmental Sciences.