Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

Original Curry Building as it sat on College Avenue, 1905
Original Curry Building as it sat on College Avenue, 1905

The Curry Building, located on College Avenue, opened in 1902. It was named in honor of Jabez Lamar Monroe Curry, who advocated for the establishment of the State Normal and Industrial School (now The University of North Carolina at Greensboro), in the early 1890s.  The building was used as a training, or practice, school for future teachers until it burned in 1926.

Comments are closed.