Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

Faculty Center,  1949. At the time, it was the campus Soda Shop.
Faculty Center, 1949. At the time, it was the campus Soda Shop.

This building, designed by Northrup & O’Brien of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, was built in 1948 and originally housed the campus’ Soda Shop. The building was renovated as a Faculty Center in 1963 after the Soda Shop moved to the Elliott Student Union.