Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

Foust Park and the Foust Building
Foust Park and the Foust Building

A park-like area, between Foust Building and Spring Garden Street, this green space has existed since 1892 when the School opened. Originally called Front Campus, it was later known as Foust Park. The area has been used through the years for May Day celebrations, summer concerts, and other campus activities.