Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

Gray Residence Hall, 1973
Gray Residence Hall, 1973

The Gray Residence Hall, designed by Harry Barton, of Greensboro, North Carolina, opened in 1921 and in 1922 it was named in honor of Robert Terelius Gray. Gray was part owner of the ten acres donated for the original campus and was a member of the State Normal and Industrial College (now The University of North Carolina at Greensboro) Board of Directors from 1901 to 1912.

Comments are closed.