Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

Jackson Library, 1988
Jackson Library, 1988

Jackson Library, designed by Northrup O’Brien of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, opened in 1950. On February 22, 1960, it was named for Walter Clinton Jackson, professor, author, and chancellor from 1934-1950.

The tower addition was designed by Odell Associates of Charlotte, North Carolina, and opened in 1973.

Comments are closed.