Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

Jamison Residence Hall, 1958
Jamison Residence Hall, 1958

The Jamison Residence Hall, designed by Harry Barton of Greensboro, North Carolina, opened in 1923.  It was named in honor of Minnie Lou Jamison in 1938/1939.  Jamison was a student at the college in 1892-1893 and later joined the Domestic Science Department at the College and remained with the College for over fifty years in various capacities.