Kirkland Dormitory, designed by Hook and Rogers of Charlotte, North Carolina, opened in 1914. It was named in honor of Sue May Kirkland, Lady Principal of the College from 1892 to 1914. Kirkland Dormitory sat next door to Woman’s Dormitory.
The Craftsman style building was razed in 1964. Currently, the Moran Commons and Plaza stands at the site that once housed the building.