Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

McIver Building, 1965
McIver Building, 1965

The McIver Building, designed by J. N. Pease and Company of Raleigh, North Carolina, opened in 1960 and was named in honor of Charles Duncan McIver, founder and first president of the University. It was built to replace the previous McIver Memorial Building that stood from 1908 to 1958 in the same location.

Comments are closed.