The Dramatic Club was officially organized in 1912-1913, with a presentation of Booth Tarkington’s The American being a part of the Commencement that year. The club encouraged girls who wanted to act in plays to be in the spotlight as frequently as possible.
By the 1920’s, the name had changed to the Playlikers, and Raymond Taylor had taken over as director of the drama department. The club began to travel across the state to perform and built a healthy reputation. One of the major traditions that formed was to present plays written by UNCG students.