The cornerstone of the Students’ Building was laid in 1902. Contributions from students, faculty, and visiting speakers allowed the completion of the three story structure in 1906. It housed the Domestic Science and Manual Training departments, the post office and book store, society halls, a banquet hall, and a 700 seat auditorium.
In 1932, in a general reorganization of the campus the post office moved from the Administration Building (now known as the Foust Building) to the Students’ Building.
The building was razed in 1950, but the cornerstone remains visible on College Avenue, in front of the current Elliott University Center.