Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

In 1896, the State Normal and Industrial College (now UNCG) established the Department of Reading and Elocution which later was renamed the Department of Expression in 1907. The department changed names again in 1918 to become the Department of Elocution and Public Speaking. From 1919 to 1947, courses on public speaking were offered through the […]