Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

Woman's Dormitory
Woman’s Dormitory

Woman’s Dormitory was a craftsman style building designed by Hook and Rogers of Charlotte. Woman’s Dormitory opened in 1912. Named in honor of the “Noble Women of the Confederacy,” it subsequently became known as “Senior Hall.” It was located beside Kirkland Dormitory.

Both Woman’s Dormitory and Kirkland Dormitory were razed in 1964. Currently, the Moran Commons and Plaza stands at the site that once housed the two buildings.

Comments are closed.