The Chinqua-Penn Plantation, near Reidsville, North Carolina, was the home of the late Mr. and Mrs. Jefferson Penn. In 1959, Mrs. Penn gave Chinqua-Penn to the Consolidated University of North Carolina. Woman’s College, now The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, operated the house and gardens, and opened the property for tours in 1966. The University of North Carolina at Greensboro Board of Trustees decided on February 12, 1986, not to reopen the home to the public as of March, 1986, due to lack of funds for operation and maintenance. The property was sold in 2006 to Calvin Phelps.