The Curry Building, located on Spring Garden Street, was designed by Harry Barton of Greensboro, North Carolina. It opened in 1926 to replace the original Curry Building which had burned that year. It was named in honor of Jabez Lamar Monroe Curry, who advocated for the establishment of the State Normal and Industrial School (now The University of North Carolina at Greensboro) in the early 1890s. The building was used as a training school until 1970.
248 thoughts on “Curry (Jabez) Building (Spring Garden Street)”
Comments are closed.