This building, designed by W. C. Holleyman of Greensboro, North Carolina, opened in 1940. From 1940 to 1960, the building was called the Science Building. A wing was added to the original structure in 1952. On February 22, 1960, it was named in honor of Mary Macy Petty, head of the Chemistry Department from 1893 to 1934, and was called the Petty Science Building.
7 thoughts on “Petty (Mary) Building”
Comments are closed.