Prior to 1910, mail was distributed through the dormitories. In 1910, a lock-box Post Office was installed in the basement of Administration Building. In 1932, in a general reorganization of the campus after the library fire of September, 1932, the Post Office moved to the Students’ Building until it was razed in 1949. In 1949, the Post Office was located in the basement of South Spencer Residence Hall until it moved to the Elliott Student Union from 1953 until 1958. For a time, mail was distributed through locked boxes in the dormitories, but after the Dining Halls were renovated in 1987/1988, a post office was added to the atrium.