The Steam Plant, designed by Fellheimer & Wagner of New York, opened in 1924. It replaced the power plant located on Walker Avenue. The stack is 227 feet high, including the 12 foot bronze cap. The stack above ground weighs 18 tons and was the highest structure in Greensboro at the time of its construction.
2 thoughts on “Steam Plant”
Comments are closed.