The Summer House, located just east of the Weil-Winfield Residence Halls, was a wooden structure built between in 1905. Allegedly built from logs salvaged from the original Guilford County Courthouse, it was razed in 1954 to add a road to the Anna M. Gove Infirmary.
Another structure also referred to as the Summer House, first stood at the entrance of Peabody Park at the North end of College Avenue. When New Guilford and Mary Foust Residence Halls were built in 1927, it was moved to the South Side of Mary Foust Residence Hall. The date of the razing of the building is unknown.
7 thoughts on “Summer Houses”
Comments are closed.