Encyclopedia of UNCG History
An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro
buildings and ground
Dr. Bruce Eberhart was born on October 14, 1927 in San Jose, California. He joined the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) faculty as the head of the Department of Biology in 1963. He would serve as the department head until his retirement in 1979. During his tenure, Eberhart brought in over $30,000 worth […]
Coit (Laura) Residence Hall
Coit Residence Hall, designed by Harry Barton of Greensboro, North Carolina, was opened in 1923. In 1938/1939 it was named after Laura Hill Coit (Class of 1896) who taught physical education, mathematics, and English until 1901. She was then secretary and general assistant to the president of the College for nearly forty years.