Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

On October 2, 1905, the library at the State Normal and Industrial College moved from a small room in the Main Building (now Foust Building) to the newly constructed Carnegie Library (now Forney Building). Unfortunately, tragedy struck the library on September 15, 1932, when it mysteriously caught fire. According to The Carolinian, the student run newspaper, the […]