Encyclopedia of UNCG History

An online resource for exploring the history of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

Brick Dormitory, designed by Epps & Hackett of Greensboro, North Carolina, opened in 1892. Also known as the “matron’s hall” or the “living building,” the three-story structure was built in a number of stages. By 1895 a kitchen, infirmary room, and dining hall that held 150 students had been added. A final wing, including more […]